Reference: FSRCD 5003
Bar code: 8427328650038
01. Why Not (Strazzeri) 5:44
02. Hip Pocket (Strazzeri) 8:26
03. Somebody Loves Me (MacDonald-DeSylva-Gershwin) 5:45
04. Blue Daniel (Frank Rosolino) 4:33
05. Opals (Strazzeri) 4:50
06. Just For Now (Strazzeri) 6:55
07. You Keep Coming Back Like A Song (Irving Berlin) 5:15
08. Cuban Love Song (Fields-McHugh-Stothart) 3:56
09. The Third Eye (Strazzeri) 4:02
10. Catalonia (Strazzeri) 6:38
11. Frame Of Mind (Strazzeri) 7:45
Total time: 64:08 min.
Frank Strazzeri (piano), Pete Christlieb (tenor sax, clarinet), Jack Nimitz (baritone sax, bass clarinet), Bill Perkins (alto & soprano sax, alto flute), Dave Stone (bass), Paul Kreibich (drums).
Recorded at Sage & Sound Studio, Hollywood, February 15-16, 1994
Engineered by Jim Mooney
Assistant engineer: Don Mooney
Liner notes: Doug Ramsey
Photography: William Claxton
Graphic design: Rafa Ros
Produced by Frank Strazzeri
Produced for CD release: Jordi Pujol
"This intriguing set features veteran bop pianist Frank Strazzeri with Woodwinds West, a sextet also including Pete Christlieb (tenor and clarinet), Jack Nimitz (baritone and bass clarinet), Bill Perkins (alto, soprano, and alto flute), bassist Dave Stone, and drummer Paul Kreibich. Strazzeri, who wrote the arrangements, contributed seven of the 11 songs. The music is swinging hard bop with plenty of solid and concise solos along the way; only two songs exceed seven minutes. Christlieb in particular is in top form on this modern West Coast jazz set. Well-worth exploring."
Scott Yanow -All Music Guide
No customer reviews yet. Login to leave your impressions!