Enoch Light (dir), Dick Lieb, Jeff Hest (arr), Bernie Glow, Marvin Stamm (tp), Urbie Green (tb), Phil Bodner (fl, as), Bob Tricarico, Al Klink (fl, ts), Bernie Leighton, Dick Hyman (p, harpsichord), Ernie Hayes (org), Dick Lieb (moog), Vinnie Bell, Tony Mottola, Bucky Pizzarelli (g), Russell George, Bob Haggart (b), Charles McCracken (cello), Billy LaVorgna, Bob Rosengarden (d), Phil Kraus (perc), Marilyn Jackson Singers
Reference: BMCD 889
Bar code: 8427328008891
· Collector's Edition
· Issued in Digipack
· 2 Original LPs on 1 CD
· Original Cover Art and Liner Notes
· Stereo Recordings
· Newly Remastered in 24-Bit
In this 1969 album, Enoch Light explored the new age of Supersound. The result, we think, is a total in-put of spectacular stereo reproduction. You will hear all musical and electro-musical discoveries that skyrocketed stereo into a new, exciting dynamic direction: Far out and Light years away.
This Spaced Out record spearheads the entire sound spectrum. With side trips into some turned-on tonal zones. Like the mind-bending moog, electric harpsichords and flipped out flugelhorns, recorded with the most advanced electronic instruments, and with an orchestra composed of New York’s leading studio musicians. The songs are all established hits, adapted by arranger Dick Lieb and covering a period of over 250 years: From Bach to Bacharach and The Beatles.
As for Charge! recorded in 1972, it features the propulsive, rhythmic beat of Jeff Hest and his completely original approach to the mix for the final master tape. All the songs are giant pop hits, built through the isolation and combination of instruments in different, exciting patterns, to give you a fantastically thrilling listening experience. Lift off!
01. Bond Street (Burt Bacharach) 2:36
02. Lover’s Concerto (Randell-Linzer) 2:50
03. Knowing When to Leave (Bacharach-David) 2:49
04. My Silent Song (Adapt. from J.S. Bach Air for the G String) 2:52
05. Walk On By (Bacharach-David) 3:02
06. Eleanor Rigby (Lennon-McCarney) 2:39
07. A Little Fugue for You and Me (Adapt. from J.S. Bach Little G Minor Fugue) 2:49
08. Norwegian Wood (Lennon-McCartney) 2:47
09. Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da (Lennon-McCartney) 2:52
10. What the World Needs Now Is Love (Bacharach-David) 2:41
11. Petite Paulette (Adapt. From J.S. Bach Bourée No.1) 2:45
12. Get Back (Lennon-McCartney) 3:35
13. Spinning Wheel (David Clayton Thomas) 3:48
14. A Hard Day’s Night (Lennon-McCartney) 3:18
15. Amazing Grace (Jeff Hest) 4:25
16. Lonely Days (B.R. & M. Gibb) 4:08
17. Take Me to the Pilot (John-Taupin) 3:39
18. Sweet Caroline (Neil Diamond) 3:23
19. Fire and Rain (James Taylor) 3:30
20. Bridge Over Troubled Water (Paul Simon) 3:23
21. You’ve Got a Friend (Carole King) 3:59
22. What Have They Done to My Song, Ma? (Melanie Safka) 2:53
23. Soolaimon (Neil Diamond) 2:59
Tracks #1-12, from the album “Spaced Out” (Project 3 PR-5043)
Tracks #13-23, from the album “Charge!” (Project 3 PR-5083)
Enoch Light and the Light Brigade
Featured Soloists on #1-12: Mel Davis, Bernie Glow (tp, flh); Urbie Green (tb); Phil Bodner (fl, as); Bob Tricarico, Al Klink (fl, ts); Dick Hyman (p, org, harpsichord); Ernie Hayes (org); Dick Lieb (moog); Vinnie Bell, Tony Mottola, Bucky Pizzarelli (g); Russell George (Fender bass); Bob Haggart (b); Billy LaVorgna (d); Phil Kraus (percussion); the Marilyn Jackson Singers. Arrangements by Dick Lieb.
Recorded in New York City, 1969
Featured Soloists on #13-23: Marvin Stamm, Mel Davis (tp, flgh); Urbie Green (tb); Paul Faulise (b-tb); Walt Lewinsky (fl, cl); Arnie Lawrence (as, ts); Phil Bodner (fl, oboe, ts); Derek Smith, Dick Hyman, Bernie Leighton (p); Charles McCracken (cello); Vinnie Bell (g, sitar); Tony Mottola (g); Jule Ruggiero (Fender bass); Billy LaVorgna, Bob Rosengarden (d); Joe Venuto (marimba & percussion); the Marilyn Jackson Singers. Arrangements by Jeff Hest.
Recorded in New York City, 1972
Original recordings produced by Enoch Light
Associated producers: Tony Mottola & Jeff Hest
Sound engineers: Don Hahn (#1-12), Steve Friedman (#13-23)
Compiled for CD release by Jordi Pujol
Stereo · 24-Bit Digitally Remastered
No customer reviews yet. Login to leave your impressions!