For those familiar with the Fresh Sound Records catalogue, Carme Canela is something of a regular name on both the New Talent and World Jazz imprints. Her earlier outings mixed bossa nova-style and Latin rhythms with jazz overtones. Here she has assembled a selection of her favourite tunes to sing, featuring pieces written by Bill Frisell ("Strange Meeting"), Silvio Rodriguez ("Oleo de Mujer con Sombrero") and even Paul McCartney ("My Love"). This is a great album, one for all fans of melodic, Latin-based jazz vocals and tender arrangements.
1. Per Sant Joan (J.M.Serrat)
2. Océano (Djavan)
3. Strange Meeting (B.Frisell-B.Moliné)
4. Canção do Sal (M.Nascimento)
5. My Love (P.McCarney)
6. Iris (J.Monné)
7. Óleo de mujer con sombrero (Silvio Rodríguez)
8. Verd marí (Ll.Vidal-B.Moliné)
9. Lluna (J.Monné)
10. Young & Fine J.Zawinul)
11. Estate (B.Martino-B.Brighetti)
Recorded in Barcelona, September 2002
No customer reviews yet. Login to leave your impressions!