Rome Concert 1979 - Dvd Zone 0
On August 6 and 9, 1979, Bill Evans went into the studio to record what would be his final album, along with his regular bassist and drummer, and trumpeter Tom Harrell and soprano and tenor saxophonist Larry Schneider. The album was dedicated to his late brother Harry both explicitly and through the evocative title: "We Will Meet Again".
Consumed by grief and addicted to drugs and alcohol, Evans nevertheless undertook a long international tour for the remaining months of 1979. Even if his studio recordings were scarce by then, some of his live performances of the period were fortunately taped and preserved for posterity. A number of performances were recorded on his European tour that year.
The concert presented for the first time ever on this DVD has never been released on any format, neither video nor audio.
01. My Man's Gone Now 6:30 (George & Ira Gershwin)
02. Bill's Hit Tune 7:30 (Bill Evans)
03. Sugar Plum 6:00 (Bill Evans)
04. Laurie 8:00 (Bill Evans)
05. The Two Lonely People 6:20 (Bill Evans)
06. Polka Dots and Moonbeams 2:40 (Burke-Van Heusen)
07. My Romance 7:30 (Rodgers-Hart)
TV broadcast. Live in Rome, Italy, December, 1979.
Total time: 44:30 min.