A lush, easy-going Brazilian outing, Latin in the Horn is aided substantially by the sophistication Lalo Schifrin brings to Hirt's cotton candy. Schifrin's orchestra waxes elegantly while Hirt's restraint is a pleasant surprise. Even though this outing post-dates the "Bossa Nova" fad by a few years, Schifrin was always masterful in this style. Listeners will certainly want to hear the magic Schifrin weaves on beauties like "Taboo," "Angelitos Negros," "Margarita," "Be True To Me" and the two Schifrin originals ("A Sky Without Stars" and "Gringo A Go Go").
01. Baia (Barroso-Gilbert)
02. Frenesi (Dominguez)
03. Taboo (Lecuona)
04. Angelitos Negros (Maciste-Blanco)
05. Meditacion (Meditaçao) (Jobim-Gimbel-Mendonca)
06. A Sky Without Stars (Un Cielo sin Estrellas) (Schifrin)
07. Gringo A-Go-Go (Schifrin)
08. Manha de Carnaval (Bonfa)
09. Margarita (Lane)
10. What a Diff'rence a Day Made (Adams-Grever)
11. Be True To Me (Sabor a Mi) (Carillo)
12. Desafinado (Mendonça-Jobim)
Recorded at RCA's Mucic Center of the World, Hollywood, 1966
Produced for CD release by Jordi Pujol
No customer reviews yet. Login to leave your impressions!